background

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Kyleighs Poem

I wrote this for Kyleigh as a birthday gift..i hope one day she will appreciate it.

Kyleigh's Poem
~
From the moment I held you
I knew things had changed
The pieces of my heart
had been rearranged


While I looked in your eyes
all I could feel
was a love so very strong
a love so very real


I remember the first time
you smiled at me
I never knew i could
feel so much glee


The first giggle I heard,
Oh what joy i felt
Its the ONLY giggle that
can make my heart melt


My love for you grows
deeper everyday
nothing will ever change that,
it was meant to be this way


The day you took your first steps
is a day i wont forget
my heart was not prepared
I wasnt ready yet


Your growing up to fast
how i wish the time would slow
i wish i could turn back the clock
and back in time we'd go


We could stay there for a while
and cherish the time we had
But knowing this can't happen
makes me very sad


So for now I'll make the best
of everyday with you
I'll make everyday special
because we have so few


I'll tell you how much i love you
and how much you mean to me
I'll write it all across the sky
for all the world to see


So for now my love i leave you this
a poem just to say
my love for you will always grow
each and every day.

~Ashley Singh~

2 comments:

Texan Oma and Pappa said...

Okay so I wanted to cry as that was soooo beautiful. Wow Ashley is all I can say. You should frame it for her...maybe print it on a picture like that one with her face in the background of the ocean view and print it on there...It is am absolutely beautiful poem.

Steph_Byers said...

That is such a sweet poem! It brought tears to my eyes! I can't believe our little babies are getting so big!